Welcome to the PTA Reflections Program!
The 2020/2021 Reflections theme is "I Matter Because." Submissions must be turned into the front office by Friday, October 23rd.
Reflections is a national art contest open to students K-12th grade, so fifth graders are encouraged to continue through middle school and beyond. With positive recognition as the focus of this program, rather than competition, students of all ages and abilities can experience the benefits of creative expression and help in finding their own voice in telling their unique story.
Lakeview PTA will be accepting Art submissions in the six categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, and Visual Arts. Entries must be submitted by Friday, October 23rd to the front office. Students can enter as many pieces of art in as many categories as they choose.
The 2020-2021 PTA Reflections Program: I Matter Because STUDENT ENTRY FORM along with a title and artists statement must be included with each submission
Click here for more about the Reflections Program.
Entry Requirements: (All participants must also follow arts category rules. Complete list of rules HERE)
- Student Entry Process: The student entry form must be complete with signatures and all contact information requested. Local PTA Reflections chair information must be entered where requested.
- All entries must include a title and an artist statement. The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. The statement must include 10-100 words.
- All entries must be the product of the participating student’s creativity. The program is designed to encourage each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult (except in the Special Artist Division) is not allowed.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work. Because the program is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed except in the Special Artist Division. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student only. Only one student may be recognized as the award recipient for each entry. See the specific arts category rules and special artist division rules for details.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries. Use of background music must be cited on the student entry form. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Plagiarism is defined as taking and using another person’s ideas, writings, or inventions as one’s own. Use of PowerPoint templates are prohibited.
- The student or at least one person from their primary household must be a current member of Lakeview PTA for the 2020/2021 school year.
> Check back for list of Open Chair and Coordinator Positions
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
If you are interested in being a corporate or business sponsor, please email the PTA at email@example.com.